Plagues and pandemics / Kate Messner ; illustrated by Falynn Koch.
- ISBN: 97808000004163
- ISBN: 9780593120415
- ISBN: 0593120418
- Physical Description: 231 pages : illustrations ; 21 cm.
- Publisher: New York : Random House, 2021.
Publisher, publication date and paging may vary.
"Myths! Lies! Secrets! Uncover the hidden truth about history's pandemics, from the Black Death to COVID-19. Perfect for fans of I Survived! and Nathan Hale's Hazardous Tales. During the Black Death in the 14th century, plague doctors wore creepy beaked masks filled with herbs. RIGHT? WRONG! Those masks were from a plague outbreak centuries later--and most doctors never wore anything like that at all! With a mix of sidebars, illustrations, photos, and graphic panels, acclaimed author Kate Messner delivers the whole truth about diseases like the bubonic plague, cholera, smallpox, tuberculosis, polio, influenza, and COVID-19."-- Amazon
|Target Audience Note:||
Search for related items by subject
Search for related items by series
- 25 of 31 copies available at Missouri Evergreen. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Albany Carnegie.
- 0 current holds with 31 total copies.